Thursday, December 13, 2012

CD: My Christmas


Singer: Andrea Bocelli

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Type of music: Operatic

List of songs: 

  1. White Christmas
  2. Angels We Have Heard on High
  3. Santa Clause is Coming to Town
  4. Christmas Song
  5. Lord’s Prayer
  6. What Child is This?
  7. Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful)
  8. O Tannenbaum
  9. Jingle Bells
  10. Silent Night
  11. Blue Christmas
  12. Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night)
  13. Caro Gesu’ Bambino
  14. I Believe (with Katherine Jenkins)
  15. God Bless Us Everyone

My overall opinion:  My favorites are White Christmas, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Blue Christmas, O Holy Night, and I Believe. Blue Christmas is slow and calm, but I don’t really like the woman’s voice. Nonetheless, a wonderful song. Santa Claus is fun a bouncy…Christmas Song is okay. As you may remember from earlier, O Tannenbaum is a song that I don’t really like, and the way Andrea Bocelli is a little weird, especially the timing. The same (timing wise) goes for What Child is This. O Come All Ye Faithful is beautiful. Jingle Bells is okay, but try not to listen too closely – having the Muppets on that one is annoying. I never noticed HOW annoying until I listened to the song and really listened close instead of just playing the song in the background. I didn’t like it up close…but it’s okay with a little distance, if that makes any sense. I Believe is lovely, and God Bless Us Everyone is a perfect wrap-up for the album. Great CD!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I've been listening to this one lately. :)